I’ve been out of town for a few days, so here are a bunch of links to get you caught up.
- France’s wealthiest call for the revolutionary measure of raising their own taxes in order to help reduce the deficit.
- New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman keeps the pressure on banks despite the protests of the White House.
- Texas Governor Rick Perry loves killing people, whether they deserve it or not.
- Sarah Jaffe knows how to fix the economy by working less, getting paid more, and lowering mortgages.
- Billy Bragg thinks we need new political music.
- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor says that his district in Virginia shouldn’t receive any disaster relief unless there are further budget cuts.
- Bill McKibben explains the Keystone XL pipeline, and why he got arrested protesting it.
- From Glenn Greenwald, the CIA tries to censor information that has already been released.
- More on Rick Perry and dead people, as he conspires with UBS to make money off of dead teachers.
- The Keystone XL protests spread to Idaho.
- The Federal Reserve loaned out trillions of dollars in secret bank bailouts.